I’ve been absurdly productive for the entire month of April. I have:
- Revised and resubmitted.
- Submitted this stupid manuscript to its fourth journal (yep, it got rejected from that submission back in October)
- Gotten juuuuuuust about ready to submit my research week paper, pending final approval from co-authors.
- Given a presentation on a fourth project that is finally moving along well.
- Reviewed three papers.
- Gotten a blog for the research center up and running – and it’s lovely!
- Read and taken notes on one published paper a day, every workday
- Written up my goals and very detailed plans for summer fieldwork
Aaaaand…. I have now hit a wall. For the last two or three days, I have been pretty much braindead and exhausted. My grand accomplishments lately have been the following:
- ordered a wedding present for a friend
- printed out directions to a nearby state park, and the trail map, to go hiking this weekend (hooray spring)
- reserved a hotel for when my husband visits me in the field this summer
- considered which cocktails I want to serve at an upcoming party
- made plans for karaoke tonight
- looked up who did the voices on Daria
- spent way too much time figuring out which Zazzle products emblazoned with a cartoon version of my study species I should buy
- went out to lunch (and had a beer! sshhhhh)
(Needless to say, my administrative responsibilities have been rather light lately.)
I don’t think May is going to be nearly as productive as April – I don’t think I can take it…