With tools to quickly and reliably collect, store, search and share information campus-wide, Laserfiche eases the difficulty and expense of managing papers documents and complying with recordkeeping requirements. From the Provost’s Office, Buildings and Grounds to Financial Aid, Student Services and academic departments, Laserfiche offers flexible software that directly reduces operational costs and streamlines the delivery of student services.
Institutions are using Laserfiche to:
Automate Administrative Processes
For offices that administer payroll, hire faculty and staff, process invoices and manage contracts and grants, Laserfiche provides a means to eliminate paper-based operations and improve information accessibility:
- Automate AP processing, HR onboarding, contract management, faculty credentialing and other core processes.
- Increase staff productivity by replacing time-consuming manual filing with digital recordkeeping.
- Digitize and barcode timesheets for easy storage and retrieval.
- Eliminate file cabinets, freeing up space for faculty offices or classrooms.
Centrally Manage Student Records
Laserfiche offers a central point of control over student information assets. With Laserfiche, the institution establishes enterprise-wide standards for scanning, routing and managing records while at the same time giving individual schools the ability to store information according to their specialized needs:
- Easily meet recordkeeping requirements.
- Ensure consistency of information with custom templates.
- Improve staff productivity by automatically indexing and filing incoming paperwork.
- Instantly fulfill data-driven, specialized queries of records.
- Protect confidential personnel files with granular, role-based security.
Disburse Financial Aid
Laserfiche enables financial aid teams to quickly and easily capture, organize and process applications, promissory notes, tax returns and other documentation required to disburse financial aid to qualified candidates:
- Eliminate the need for manual data entry by auto-populating documentation.
- Accelerate financial aid processing time by automatically route documents to the correct financial aid counselor for review and approval.
- Grant simultaneous access to financial aid files, eliminating the need to copy and transport documents.
- Decrease student wait times with instant document search and retrieval capabilities.
Safeguard Record Security
Administering records access under FERPA consumes staff time. Laserfiche offers a granular security system that allows institutions to design and implement a security policy that balances document compliance, security and accessibility:
- Implement DoD 5015.2-certified records management to simplify compliance with document retention and destruction.
- Eliminate misplaced files, files lost in transit from off-site records storage facilities and inappropriately accessed files.
- Control confidential records and prevent them from showing up in a repository search.
- Guarantee security all the way down to individual words with blackout and whiteout redactions.
- Log system activity to demonstrate compliance with regulations.
Ensure Continuity of Operations
Laserfiche plays a key part in institutional disaster recovery plans by securing records and limiting the cost and effort of salvage and restoration:
- Enable administrators, maintenance employees, local police and fire departments can instantly access critical documents via the Web in case of an emergency.
- Organize architectural drawings, schematics and operations manuals by school for easy access in times of crisis.
- Use Laserfiche Plus portable media publishing to reconstruct damaged or destroyed repositories and provide immediate access to authorized personnel.